The Lithuanian Maritime Museum has opened an exhibition dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Lithuanian merchant fleet

The Lithuanian Maritime Museum has opened an exhibition dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Lithuanian merchant fleet in the open air. In the old town of Klaipeda, on the way to the Old Ferry on the wall of the “City of Memel” – forty-three historical photographs from the museum’s collection tell the history of the Lithuanian merchant fleet from 1921 to 1940.

Among the black-and-white photographs, a bright tricolor flag shines. This is the m/s “Jūratė” who on March 4, 1921, the first had entered the port of Klaipeda. On March 11, the second m/s “Kastytis” – arrived in Klaipeda. After the first visits to Klaipeda port, Lithuanian ships with a cargo of salt and flour sailed to Latvian ports. These events mark the beginning of the history of the Lithuanian fleet.